As spring turns into summer and the air is palpable with the feeling of freedom and a much needed vacation from every end, a special summer favourite is all you need to kick back and relax. Made and reinvented into a variety of flavours to satisfy tired ten year olds or young twenty year olds with cravings, the tingling bell from ice cream carts or the tubs of ice cream lying inside refrigerators are a welcome sight and sound. Ice Cream is the most favoured beloved dessert of all time which brings in the summer months. Here are a few delicious and simple ice cream recipes for you to try at home and beat the heat, this summer. Dig into these delicious and creamy ice creams and make the most of your vacation.
- Very Berry Strawberry –
- Graham Cracker
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Sour Cream
- Strawberry Sauce
- Powder the graham crackers into fine crumbs and add the sugar and melted unsalted butter into it. Mix until it becomes a thick even mixture without any lumps.
- Take small round tins and put the graham cracker mix as a base. Freeze for two hours.
- Meanwhile, take the cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract and heavy cream and blend together. Beat and blend it together until it becomes a thick and creamy mixture. Add that to the graham cracker base. Freeze for two more hours.
- After the base has been frozen, take it out and cut it into small squares.
- Take the cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla extract, heavy cream and sour cream and beat and blend them together to make a thick cream. Make sure that there are no lumps. Beat it until it’s fluffy.
- Put that mixture as an ice-cream base on a tin. Add the square bits. Add strawberry sauce. Repeat with the ice cream mixture, squares and strawberry sauce. Keep repeating the layers. Freeze for a while.
- Unfreeze and enjoy this strawberry cheesecake ice-cream made from scratch.
- Cookies and Cream –
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Egg yolks
- Oreo cookies
- Take the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla extract and beat them together to create a creamy mixture over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and slowly incorporate them in the mixture. Keep whisking and mixing until the mixture becomes a fine blend and then take it off heat.
- Keep mixing until it reaches a thick consistency. It should not drip and not become too thick or lumpy.
- Let it freeze while you take the oreo cookies and divide them into half. Powder half the cookies into a fine crumb and add melted butter to them. For the other half, break the cookies into tiny pieces.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and slowly add the finely powdered oreo bits. Mix well and then add the other oreo bits. Keep mixing and blending well.
- Pop it into the freezer for some more time till it chills completely.
- Take it out and dig into the classic and delicious cookies and cream ice cream.